Races: Marathon Relay… that’s 26.2 Miles
- Date: Saturday, March 24, 2018
- Location: White Hall Park, 500 White Hall Shrine Rd, Richmond, KY 40475
- Time: 9:00 am
Why go it alone. A team relay. Get 3 friends together because this race is all about teams. The marathon is 16 laps. Each person on the team will run 4 laps or approximately 6.5 miles. You get to go to work on Monday and tell everyone you ran a marathon (just leave out it was a relay). Hey if you are crazy enough to do this race all by yourself we won’t stop you. If you’re a loner and don’t have 3 friends then convince your cousin to do it with you because we have a 2 person division as well. And, for those with lots of friends, we have a 5-8 person teams…so there is something for everyone!
So how does this work again…
The race has 3 divisions.
- Solo (I’m crazy enough to run this mofo by myself)
- 2 Person Team (I don’t have 3 friends so this is the best I can do)
- 4 Person Team (We are the life of the party)
- 3/5+ Person Teams (You’re a third wheel or just like odd numbers)
If you run it solo it’s easy… when the gun goes off, you run. Stop once you run 16 laps (26.2 miles)
If you’re on a 2 person team we are pretty lax on the rules. You can divide the 16 laps up any way you want. 1 person can run 15 laps the other person can run 1 lap. We don’t care if you run all your laps at once or hand off and let your team run a few before you come back and run again.
Sign up for the 3/5+ Person Team if you’re a third wheel or just like odd numbers. This category is for anything that isn’t a 2 person or 4 person team. Share the laps however you like, but everyone has to run at least 1 lap!
4 person team make up the majority of the race. The race is built around 4 people on a team and we ask that you follow these simple rules to be eligible for awards. Each team member will run one 1.5-mile loop, then wait for the other relay member to run their loop. (note, the first lap is a modified lap and will be 3.4 miles). We want people on 4 person teams to only run 1 consecutive lap. Soooo that means you can’t run 4 laps in a row then go put on warm clothes… no no no… you have to run 1 lap cheer on your team for 3 laps then run 1 lap again. You repeat this for all 16 laps.
The race centers around athlete village or tent city – a transition area where participants, friends and family mingle with the spectators, sponsors, volunteers and entertainment. Since the marathon is a relay, only one team-participant competes at a time. The other team members hang out, relax, prepare for their leg of the race or cheer on their teammate, while being surrounded by fans and spectators! The loop course provides a great opportunity to see several points of the course and be close to the action.
- $35 08/01 – 10/31
- $40 11/01 – 01/01
- $45 01/01 – 02/28
- $50 03/01 – 03/20
- $60 03/21 – 03/25
What You Get
- An awesome race experience with a fun team atmosphere
- The BEST race shirt (I mean race Hoodie) around
- Post race food
- Music and fun!
Race Morning Packet Pickup
7:15am – 8:30am – At The Race
1 Person MUST pick up everything for team (including your baton… no need to check in a race day!)
- 7:00 AM – Team/Tent setup
- 7:15 AM – Race Day packet pickup opens
- 09:00 AM – Race Start
Race will be chip timed, A timing chip will be embedded in a baton. The baton will be carried by each runner during their lap. Solo runners will have race bibs with timing chips (we won’t make you carry a baton for 26.2 miles)
Awards will be presented to the following categories:
2 Person Teams
- All Male
- All Female
4 Person Teams
- Chippendales (All Mens Team)
- Senoritas (All Female Team)
- Chicks n Dudes (Coed)
- Young Punks (total combined age under 80 yrs) – Can be all male, female or coed
- Geezers All Men (combined age over 170 yrs)
- Geezers All Female (combined age over 170 yrs)
- Geezers Coed (combined age over 170 yrs)
- Super Geezers (combined age over 210 yrs) – Can be all male, female or coed
- Rolling Thunder/Clydesdale (combined weight of 800 lbs) – Can be all male, female or coed
3/5+ Person Teams
- 3/5+ Person Teams – Overall
- Top 3 Overall Male/Female
- T-shirt…. no way are we doing t-shirts. You get a race hoodie. But here is the deal… YOU NEED TO REG BY 03/10 TO GUARANTEE YOUR HOODIE.
- We are going to type this again… Reg by 03/10 to guarantee your hoodie. You have been warned!
The first lap will include an out-and-back to add length so our final course is 26.2 Miles. Lap 1 will be 2.2 Miles long. Laps 2 – 15 will all be the same and will be 1.6 miles in length. So be sure to plan accordingly. Click to enlarge course maps below.
Cancellation Policy. In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined.
Rules / Guidelines. Sorry, but for safety reasons, we do not allow dogs, bicycles, baby joggers, inline skates or any means of transportation other than running or walking.