A race like no other!
Don’t go it alone!
This event is designed for you and your friends to race together.
Join us on Saturday, March 24, 2018.
A great new event in Lexington, KY
How it works
What… a team marathon? Yep, a great new team concept. Get 3 friends together because this race is all about teams. The marathon is 16 laps. Each person on the team will run 4 laps or approximately 6.5 miles. You get to go to work on Monday and tell everyone you ran a marathon (just leave out it was a relay). Hey if you are crazy enough to do this race all by yourself we won’t stop you. The course is certified so it is a Boston Qualifier. If you’re a loner and don’t have 3 friends then convince your cousin to do it with you because we have a 2 person division as well. And, for those with lots of friends, we have a 5-8 person teams…so there is something for everyone!
The race centers around athlete village or tent city – a transition area where participants, friends and family mingle with the spectators, sponsors, volunteers and entertainment. Since the marathon is a relay, only one team-participant competes at a time. The other team members hang out, relax, prepare for their leg of the race or cheer on their teammate, while being surrounded by fans and spectators! The loop course provides a great opportunity to see several points of the course and be close to the action.
Pick your category
We have a category for every team. Our four person teams can register in the following categories.
- Chippendales (All Mens Team)
- Senoritas (All Female Team)
- Chicks n Dudes (Coed)
- Young Punks (total combined age under 80 yrs) – Can be all male, female or coed
- Geezers All Men (combined age over 170 yrs)
- Geezers All Female (combined age over 170 yrs)
- Geezers Coed (combined age over 170 yrs)
- Super Geezers (combined age over 210 yrs) – Can be all male, female or coed
- Rolling Thunder/Clydesdale (combined weight of 800 lbs) – Can be all male, female or coed